Sunday, June 7, 2015

le jardin 2015...part one...


Home is where the HEARTH is...I love putting different plant combinations together each year...this year it is a combination of hydrangea, white wave petunias, creeping jenny, calibrachoa million bells in white and yellow and these wonderful gardenia topiaries...that have a musky sweet aroma....



As I say every year I feel like our house doubles in size when we get our outdoor living spaces back!


We might not like all the rain...but the plants sure do...







I love mainly blue, pink and white in my garden...with a little soft yellow and purple in small doses.


I designed the large urns differently this year using moss and tomato cages...hopefully it will be a big mound of color in a few weeks...I filled them with wave petunias, geraniums, verbena and calibrachoa...and a lot of dirt!

I have little areas of the garden for different purposes...I put my herbs right outside my kitchen for easy access.


 I like adding accessory touches that I would use inside- outside as well....why not?


My potting table...




From the viburnum in early Spring to the profusion of lilacs in the last two weeks the smells are incredible! I wish this was "smellavision"...I also use cocoa mulch...so that adds another layer of yumminess too!


Every year I invest in a jasmine plant and put it near the sitting area for maximum viewing and smelling pleasure...it reminds me of living in Southern California.


One of the advantages to having a garden of ones favorite flowers is that it provides ample opportunity for cuttings ...here is a recent sampling...









I always try to have my garden completed by Memorial Day so I can begin to enjoy it after weeks and weeks of hard labor...lol...it is also a labor of love!



One of my favorite new additions to the garden is this Moroccan lantern...






We have already had a few wonderful days and nights in this spot and are looking forward to many more this Summer...


 I hope you had a nice weekend and are looking forward to the week! Get out and "smell the roses"...pun intended...mine are just starting to bloom! XO Emily

P.S. Click here for le jardin part two.

2 comments:

  1. this looks beautiful, you must be really pleased with the results x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you FF...it is a labor of love every year...I just need to move somewhere warmer more months of the year so I can enjoy it year round...xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...