Saturday, January 19, 2013

BH&G Christmas Shoot Outtakes...and Reflections...


Here is the wonderful team of seriously talented and creative people who gathered together last week to make Christmas happen again in my house for Better Homes and Gardens December 2013 issue...I learned that it takes a real group effort and an entire week to create 7 or 8 images for a magazine article that focuses on a holiday...because of all the details!

I also learned so much about art direction and styling for photography and how great lighting is the KEY to everything wonderful...I knew it intellectually before but to watch the process performed by real professionals with incredible equipment was so interesting...it makes me never want to "point and shoot" with my iphone ever again!


 I also got to experience firsthand the WORK that goes with any beautiful job well done...we wrapped 40-50 Christmas packages with beautiful papers and silk ribbons...




It took hours....


But the results were worth it.... here is just a sampling...you'll have to wait for the issue to see how they were all put to use!



Other props were also assembled...


All my baubles and bows were on hand everywhere to use in the pictures...


My house fills with a ton of light on most days...which although lovely to live in doesn't make for the best pictures...so sheets and curtains were pulled everywhere...the best interior photographic lighting is created using equipment not Mother Nature....




We redecorated outside as well...here is the beginning of that process...at one point I was hanging my head outside a second floor window installing a wreath...on a wing and a prayer....


After a lunch break, Dustin, part of the photographic crew, showed us his "side plank" skills as well as his fabulous teal outfit....I loved that he color-coordinated his outfit to go with my house!


As you can imagine this week was exhausting... but SO much fun! Today I got back to my real life! I spent the day grocery shopping, doing laundry, vacuuming, working out...

I have so many things on the agenda in the next few months that this unusual week will become a distant memory pretty quickly...but I love that I have something special to look forward to this coming Christmas! Thanks for sharing this experience with me! I will post the pics when the issue arrives!  Have a wonderful week.

P.S. For one more "prep" post click here!

XO Emily



3 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience it all must have been! How the Hell can you ever go back to the vacuuming after that? Ha! Your home is so beautiful to start with , Emily so it must have been a great experience for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting can it get? WOW. Now, I simply can't wait for the issue to be out..thinking sometime in November? One needs to have events to look forward to!
    Thanks for sharing what you could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun ... I cannot believe I am already looking forward to Christmas 2013!! Hope you enjoyed your day and getting back into your routine!! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...